Until today, first-year undergraduates have had one appointment per semester. We’re pleased to announce that this limit has been raised to two appointments per semester. UG2-4 and PG students can continue to book two appointments per month.
The UoE Library’s Dissertation Festival (7-18 March 2022) is currently underway. You can find a list of upcoming events (e.g., managing complex documents) at the link as well as a set of recordings of events that have already been held (e.g. referencing, literature reviews).
Alisdair Tullo will be holding several new programming courses from later this month. If you’re interested, please see the links below:
- For those who have completed a Python course for beginners or written a Python program for themselves before
- Looks at a range of topics such as text analysis, plotting, and working with numerical and tabular data
- Wednesdays (9:00-10:50) starting 26th January in Lister Center 1.16
- Details and booking: https://edin.ac/32fKXwq
Computer Programming Learn-What-You-Like
- For tutor-supported self-study
- Choose from a range of suggestions or find your own programming materials to study. We’ll be there when you need help!
- Recommendations are available for everyone from complete beginners to experienced programmers.
- Fridays (9:00-10:50) starting 28th January in Appleton Tower 4.02
- Details and booking: https://edin.ac/3IjhNvw
The PPLS Skills Centre has a new offering for first-year undergraduates. Traditionally, we’ve been focused on helping students in years 2 and up, but in 2021/22 we will provide one writing appointment per semester to students taking our first-year courses as well. You can use your appointment to discuss any essay you are writing for the following courses:
- Introduction to Cognitive Science
- Linguistics and English Language 1A
- Morality and Value
- Philosophy of Science 1
- Psychology 1A
- Greats: From Plato to the Enlightenment
- Linguistics and English Language 1B
- Psychology 1B
We won’t proofread your work or help you with content. Rather, our goal is to help you communicate more effectively. We will let you know if parts of your writing are confusing for your readers and will work with you on finding ways to make things better. For more information, please see “1-on-1 appointments” at https://uoe.sharepoint.com/sites/PPLSLearningResources.